Sunday, August 5, 2012

Potential Match!

I still can't believe it. Really.  It's a miracle.
A potential MATCH!
She is 23.  (<----My favorite sentence)

That is all we know. Besides the fact that SHE is a wonderful, selfless human being for putting herself aside to think about what she can do to save a strangers life.  I hope there is something that I can do for her one day, but until then, SHE is my hero.

We say "potential" because there are a few loose ends that need to be tied up, but when they are we are ready to go.

If all goes as planned, I will be moving to Stanford Hospital in September. Geoff thinks it will be on his birthday (9/11).  I will endure 12 rounds of whole body radiation in four days, then two days of intense chemo.  Then on day ZERO, I will get my BMT (Bone Marrow Transfer).  From there I will be admitted for 30 days.  If I can find the strength to make it through these 30+ days, then I'm home free. 

After the 30 days, it will still take 70+ days to recover in an apartment near Stanford...

Then, if all is well, I will be able to come home.  I hope to be home for Thanksgiving...or Christmas.

2012 is a rough year. Really looking forward to 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment