Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I put the RAD in radiation!

Here we go again. Fourth and last possible round of radiation. I have already radiated my entire body for my bone marrow transplant, my full brain, and the top of my spine.  Today they radiated my entire spine.  We are hoping that this round will shrink the new tumors and they will release the nerves that have taken my ability to walk, balance, stand, or sit up alone.

Today was so painful. One of the techs swiveled my right hip that all the nerves lit up and froze. It feels like you've bumped a thousand funny bones and it won't stop burning. The only thing that is helping me is morphine.....which I am so happy about because where do I go from here?

Radiation is an hour long. Today was the first of ten treatments... I hoping it begins to work quickly.  It is sooooo difficult to get in and out of the car. Wish Mr. Marks lived here cause he would totally deliver me in his ambulance. So far I'm getting worse everyday. I am so thankful for my mom and dad and husband and Kathryn! A day doesn't go by that they have me giggling....which is better than morphine anyday!

Btw, thanks for checking in. Feel free to send me a funny joke, per suggestion from my daughter. Love that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment