Sunday, January 5, 2014

Smile.... It's been a long, crappy year!

Happy 2014! It's gotta get better, right? Well, here's the latest. During the week of Halloween, I had some issues. I lost my sight,  a terrible headache and my speech was slurred. They thought it was a stroke.  Turns out I had two tumors on my brain. So we started radiation on my brain . Full brain radiation took 13 visits and I was feeling great. I was discharged on Halloween and started to get better. Then about a month after that, I had another scare. Slurred speech, and terrible headaches and neck pain. I thought that meningitis was back (I have already survived this three times in a row) or that I had another tumor or a stroke for real. Turns out it was a super bad case of sinusitis and more tumors on my spine. Then I was discharged in time for thanksgiving. With another five more days of radiation, my hands and feet started to tingle.

Here we are today and I am wheelchair bound. My left arm and right leg are totally dead. If moved the wrong way, the nerves all light up at once and I'm cringing in pain. I can't go from lying to sitting, or sitting to standing on my own. I can not use the bathroom alone. Or eat alone. Coffee mugs and forks are too heavy for me to lift. I have fallen at least four times. My other leg is not cooperating either now.  I can not lay flat.

Because of this, I had the worst MRI today. They scanned my entire spine to help explain the paralyzation. And bc I can't lay flat , my nerves were going crazy. I cried the entire MRI. No results yet, but I wonder if I'll ever be back to "normal".

 I'm dreading what they're going to find and that I will have to endure another round of radiation and lay flat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment